SCHLOSS Roxburghe Hotel
Heiton by Kelso
26 Miles to Berwick-upon-Tweed
Escape To The Scottish Borders
SCHLOSS Roxburghe is an exceptional country house estate with a Championship Golf Course and a range of outdoor activities, nestled in the beautiful Scottish Borders but little more than an hour’s drive from both Edinburgh and Newcastle.
This elegant property includes 20 bedrooms and suites, many of which are located within the historic house. The cuisine is top quality and varied, with an emphasis on fresh, home-grown produce. There are numerous cosy bars with roaring log fires for leisurely drinks.
With mile after mile of peaceful nature to explore, the Scottish Borders make the perfect playground for your next country sports holiday. The rolling hills around Kelso, Melrose, and the surrounding area offer a spectacular backdrop to your total experience.
This November there is an exciting new wing that will be opening, The Estate House. This will see the addition of 58 bedrooms and suites, a new restaurant, extensive spa facilities, a swimming pool and a purpose-built banqueting suite.
Setting off from SCHLOSS Roxburghe, our tailored itineraries around this area include guided shoots with your own pointing dog, or driven game shoots targeting pheasants, partridge, and ducks. You can also arrange to go out with a falconer.
A package designed by our experienced team, discover the thrill of shooting in the Scottish Borders on your weekend getaway with us.
The Fly Fishing Centre
Would you like to experience fishing or do you need fly casting instruction? The Fly Fishing Centre is a dedicated fly fishing and fly casting educational facility located on the grounds of the SCHLOSS Roxburghe in the Scottish Borders.
They specialise in teaching all forms of modern fly casting techniques and offer one-to-one and group instruction on rivers and still waters on the River Tweed system for Atlantic Salmon, Sea Trout and Brown Trout.
The Ultimate Sporting Experience with SCHLOSS Roxburghe
- A full day of fishing on the River Teviot including expert tuition and lunch
- Pre-dinner cocktail followed by a four-course dinner
- Whisky tasting experience
- Exclusive use of the prestigious Gun Room
- The Art of “Driven Game Shooting” at our SCHLOSS Roxburghe Clay Pigeon Shooting School
- A full day of Shotgun training with expert tuition and lunch
- Celebrate your day with canapés in the Gun Room followed by a pre-dinner cocktail and themed dinner
- Full driven game day on a Scottish estate including traditional elevenses and lunch
- Exclusive use of the Gun Room with a selection of sweet & savoury canapés served in the afternoon on your return from the shoot
- Champagne reception followed by a five-course gala shoot dinner
With a total of 20 quality rooms and suites, our accommodation provides modern comfort in a historic building with the utmost elegance.
All the rooms are fully equipped with the following:
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Flat-screen TV
- Magnifying make-up mirror in the bathroom
- Underfloor bathroom heating
- Free internet access
- Free tea and coffee making facilities
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Bike Hire
- The Fly Fishing centre