Privacy and Cookies Statement
SCSTG is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The policy below outlines how we collect and process personal data. Please read below to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Use of personal data
SCSTG collects and uses your personal data in a number of ways which include subscribing to our newsletter, listing as a provider or supplier on our website and in connection with other SCSTG activities and events. We will only collect data when full permission is given. Users may visit the website anonymously.
The personal data that SCSTG holds about you is for the following purpose:
- To distribute SCSTG e-newsletters and ‘Sporting Offers’ – information for consumers about country sports tourism in Scotland
- To communicate with providers and suppliers listing on our website
- To offer advice to SCSTG providers and suppliers on our website on the country sports tourism sector
- To provide a marketing service for providers and suppliers listing on our website
- To communicate with the tourism industry including notification of meetings such as events, industry updates, industry surveys and news
All emails link to our Privacy Notice and include an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the foot of the email.
Non-personal identification information
- We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about user’s means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
The personal data that SCSTG holds about you may consist of the following:
If you have ‘opted in’ to receive the SCSTG the following information will be held on *Constant Contact:
- E mail address
If you have a listing on SCSTG website www.countrysportscotland.com we will hold the following information:
- Business/home address
- Telephone number(s)/E mail address
If you have signed up as a business contact, we will hold the following information:
- Business name
- Email address
How is data stored?
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting SCSTG: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can withdraw at any time through Constant Contact.
How is data protected?
SCSTG ensures data is protected appropriately at all times.
Emails: You will be able to contact SCSTG by email and through a contact form on the website. If you provide us with your email address, we will reply to your email and give you the opportunity to ‘opt-in’ to receive information in the future.
How do we measure visits to our website?
We measure visits to the SCSTG website through Google Analytics. This records what pages you view, how long you are on the site and what device you use to visit the site. It also records your location. All information is anonymous. You can learn more about Google Analytics and opt out here if you want to.
SCSTG uses Google Analytics to help improve the site.
How long will SCSTG keep your data?
We will keep your data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the following purposes and use the following criteria to determine how long to retain your personal data: Term of Listing, Term of Subscription.
Providing us with your data (Provider and Supplier Listing)
We require your personal data as it is a requirement of listing.
By giving SCSTG your consent, you are giving us permission to hold and process your personal data for the purposes given above.
Consent must be explicitly given, and SCSTG will always tell you why your personal data will be retained and how it is used. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting SCSTG on email@example.com. You can also withdraw your details through Constant Contact.
SCSTG will not pass on, share or trade your personal data with any person or organisation without first receiving your consent. Under no circumstances will SCSTG sell your information to third parties or advertisers
What can you do?
- You will at all times have legal control over your own data and at can ask for a copy of any information SCSTG hold about you.
- You may have any incorrect data corrected
- You may ask to have any personal data erased at any time
- You may ask that your data is not used for marketing
Updated 16h May 2018
We wish to make you aware that we use non-essential cookies such as Google Analytics to monitor our website performance and integrate our social media channels. For full details of all cookies used please read our cookies statement.
This website also uses essential cookies to remember your member’s password login on request and let you use our online purchasing facilities. If you do not have cookies enabled you will not be able to use these features and your experience of using our website will be marred.
This privacy statement only applies to The Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group’s web site. You should always be aware when moving to another site of how that site deals with your information by checking its privacy statement.
The Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group cannot be held responsible for the content or policy of any external website to which it links.