About The Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group (SCSTG)
Scotland is widely recognised as the birthplace of many of the world’s premier country sports.
It is estimated that the value of country sports tourism to Scotland is in the region of £155m per year. In the UK there are over 4 million country sports participants, with many more overseas, including 38 million in the USA.
August 2014 saw publication of the Executive Summary of ‘The Benefits and Volume and Value of Country Sports Tourism in Scotland’. Prepared by the independent consultancy PACEC the report sought to update and refine the results of previous studies – The Economic Impact of Game and Course Angling in Scotland, Scottish Executive, 2004 and Country Sports Tourism in Scotland, Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group, 2004.
To download the Executive Summary ‘The Benefits, Volume and Value of Country Sports Tourism in Scotland’ – PACEC 2014 Executive Summary
To download the Full Report ‘The Benefits, Volume and Value of Country Sports Tourism in Scotland’ – PACEC 2015 click here (PDF Document)
To help develop the full potential of this market, 2004 saw the major Scottish country sporting organisations and associations set up the Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group (SCSTG) and a major research project was commissioned with the following objectives:
- To gather information on country sports tourists – origin, demographics, information and bookings, trip characteristics, product satisfaction
- To investigate the perceptions and attitudes of intermediaries
- To identify participation trends at UK and international levels
- To identify leading destinations and examples of best practice
- To assess Scotland’s strengths and weaknesses as a destination for country sports tourism.
To download the full research findings from 2004 click here