Invitation to Excellence in Country Sports Customer Care Course
The Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group is delivering the course ‘Excellence in Country Sports Customer Care’ throughout Scotland this summer; this is essential for Gamekeepers, Ghillies and Stalkers and for those who come into contact with country sports clients to help achieve a higher level of customer satisfaction in an increasingly global market.
The course hopes to bring together people delivering a range of sport in Scotland in an educational, informative and fun way, with plenty of opportunities for discussions and learning from the experience of others in the same field.
The course content looks at how to deliver excellent customer care and service surrounding country sports situations.
We would be delighted if you, or any members of your Estate Team, would like to join us for one of our forthcoming courses detailed below.
The course seeks to promote the importance of excellent communication between the provider and client at all potential contact points. It looks at:
- Understanding the different types of country sports customers and their specific needs.
- Ensuring the customer understands the basic requirements of the sport they are about to embark upon.
- Understanding the important role you play in the customer’s decision to return
- Ways to meet the customer’s expectations and add value to their experience
- The Customer Service Journey – how this relates to your role
- Identifying appropriate service language and behaviours with clients
- Handling difficult situations effectively and learning simple recovery processes
- Briefly looking at why the Country Sports industry is so important to you, the estate and Scotland.
Nicki Barnett comes from a Tourism and Events background, establishing her own hospitality and catering business 12 years ago. Many of her clients are Country Sports guests and Scottish country houses and estates who regularly use her services to look after their guests from all over the world. With a MA (Hons) from the University of Aberdeen and with TEFL and LANTRA qualifications she spent 6 years living and working in Japan, Hong Kong and New Zealand, teaching in the first 2 and in the Tourism Industry in NZ looking after overseas visitors to the country. Originally from a farming background, she has established a lot of links and contacts with sporting estates and country sports providers as well as a range of other service, catering, activity and transport providers throughout Scotland. She often provides catering herself to many of her long term guests and clients. She is thrilled to be involved and working together with the SCSTG in providing the Excellence in Customer Care courses.
- Thursday 26th November, 2015 – Dalhousie Estate, Castle St, Brechin, Angus DD9 6SG
Time: 9.30am registration / 10am Start / End 3pm
Cost: £100 per delegate
It may be possible to claim 50% towards the training from Skills Development Scotland.
Refreshments / Lunch / Course Materials / SCSTG Customer Care Manual / Certificate
For further information or to book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01350 723226